So, as many of you have probably heard, we have been continuing our run of bad luck. I have spent a couple of days in St. Mark's having my contractions monitored. Tuesday I went for the regular check up and was asking questions about "braxton-hicks" contractions when my Dr. got the feeling I was not having just "braxton -hicks" contractions, but regular contractions. She checked me and I was dialated to 1.5 and effaced 50%! She sent me right away to labor and delivery since I am only 33 weeks along. They gave me some terbutaline and sent me home that night. The next morning I woke up with contractions again at 5:30am. By 10:30am they were only 4-6 minutes apart so I went back in. Again, they gave me some terbutaline and another steroid shot and 5 hours later I got to go home. Since I have been home I have not had another contraction!!! It's starting to look up!! My poor baby!!!!
Confession:
I do believe I brought this all on myself. Monday I was at work being the "she woman" I think I can still be. I was running another emergency food pantry by myself and decided I could unload the meat truck. Then thought that I could put all three pallets away before the other lady made it back in the next morning. So, I was lifting boxes of meat and crates of milk etc. around the pantry putting them away. Then, I went straight to the after school program I am in charge of and taught Tahitian dancing for and hour and a half. After the class I had to have a costume meeting before I went home around 6. Looking back, I think I forgot to eat after breakfast!! I guess that would send any 33wk pregnant chick into contractions. Then, Tuesday we got in another truck at my regular pantry, and I was still feeling like I could help unload some "heavier" stuff as long as I took breaks in the middle. Boy was I wrong. I feel so bad that this poor baby of mine was trying to vacate my crazy body!! It had no idea what I was doing other than abusing the right to be a pregnant lady!! LOL. However, I have learned my lesson from this bedrest crap and WILL NOT unload any more trucks or lift things heavier then 20lbs!!! Too much of this "bedrest" order and I might not make it to the end of my pregnancy.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I hope that the contractions don't come back! I am sorry to hear that you have been on bed rest. Thats no fun. When I was pregnant with Asthon, I also thought that I was "she woman". I worked at a nursery home and was lifting elderly people in and out of bed. Sometimes by myself. I stopped doing it by myself when I tore something in my stomach (I can't remember what it is called now, but it did not feel good). I also had some early contractions, but nothing like you are having or had. I still lifted the elderly after that, but I always had someone help me and I stopped lifting the heavier people. Ashton did come two weeks early! Maybe it was from all my lifting!
Mahina, we all know you are super woman, you don't have to prove it! :) I think the baby knows how awesome it's mommy is and wanted to meet you sooner rather than later. :) Take care of yourself and that little niece/nephew of ours! :) Glad you're doing better-- Love you
Oh my goodness. If you don't take it easy then lets pray its a girl because their lungs develop faster than boys and they can handle being premature better than a boy. What the heck are you doing unloading trucks? I used being pregnant to get myself out of everything. I can't believe you are 33 weeks. How exciting!!!!!
Mahina! You silly girl - you can't be unloading trucks! Sit back and relax and let everyone else do it (I know it's not something easily done by you!) You're awesome!! I hope the contractions are calmed down and that things are going well. :) Can't wait to meet that cute baby of yours!!
Mahins:
So sorry chica. You won't see me getting prego any time soon. I have a disney cruise coming in december and you cant take a newborn and you cant fly like after your 7th month so the dream must be for Laura....hmmmmm.....
I have thought about maybe getting pregnant again but I just despise everything about being prego. Maybe next year sometime.
We're soooo sorry to hear about your run of bad luck lately, but I"m glad that things are starting to look up. I just can't believe how stupid some people are...why steal cards?!?!? Let us know if you need anything, we're not that far away and I can make dinner or something if you need it! TAKE IT EASY! Luv ya!
Sorry to hear about that bad luck streak...but all of that will change soon...you're going to be blessed with a beautiful little bundle of blessings soon! Sit back, take it easy and let others pamper you for a little while because it won't last forever! You'll be chasing that little one around everywhere before you know it! :)
Holy Crap!!! Good luck staying down, I don't believe it is in your nature! I am so excited to hear how everything goes and can't wait to have your little one here! FYI... I finally starte a blog. Steve is dealing with it! Check it out... diederichsdeepdish.blogspot.com
Post a Comment