Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ice Fishing 2011

Beautiful Strawberry Reservoir in the winter!


But lets rewind to the drive up there. I want to make sure I get the drive up there in this post so I can remember it, and laugh EVERY time I think about it.
We left the house about 5:30am to get up there and fishing by 7:30am. Well, on the way up there he wanted to take us to this gas station to get soda and breakfast. Well, we pull up and there are about a million other crazy people that get up that early to go ice fishing and snowmobiling. Well, the lady at the counter doesn't even know what kind of breakfast sandwiches there are. They are sitting on display and she had NO CLUE what they were. So, we got the drinks and a new pair of sunglasses for me so I wouldn't burn my eyes!
We talked Timm into taking us to McDonald's just down the street. By just down the street, I mean we could have thrown a rock at at. Well to Timm, it was 25 minutes away?! Really Timm? It doesn't even take 25 min to drive from end to end HEBER! lol Well, on our way out of the gas station, all 5 ways to get out were blocked off by some RETARDS that think parking in the middle of the gas pumps was a good idea! Let's just say this pissed Timm off a little bit more so he squeeled his tires on the way out. (classic redneck)
We finally made it to McDonalds (against Timm's better judge ment), and spent an extra 5 min TOTAL! You'd a thought we drove to the one in Park City!
Anyway, on the road again, and VOILA!! Strawberry!

We got all suited up, pulled the gear off the back of the truck and headed out for the ice!



but not before hell freezes over and we take a picture!
(It really did freeze over, we walked across the dang lake!!)



You're looking at 5 layers of clothing right there! hahaha...
A little excessive, maybe. Warm, YES!!



For those of you who have never experienced the ice fishing business, these power augers are worth EVERY PENNY!! Timm got going on the holes, and in no time had us ROLLING on the floor. (see video)
Wait for it.... Wait for it...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... CLASSIC!



Oh man. Then it's time to pull the tent back over the holes, and get all set up to start the much anticipated fishing!



Yes, that really is the size of the tent. However, it wasn't too bad! We are sooo glad we had the tent. Kept the wind chill off, and turned everything in there PINK!
Timm was in the top left hole, Ang in the top right hole, me in the bottom left and Brady in the bottom right all on 5 gallon buckets! :)



The happy couple themselves. The famous Timm and his wife, Ang!



Well, after the hole incident, Timm was SOAKED. So, Ang and I talked him into taking off his wet socks and putting them on the little propane heater to dry them off. (see picture below)



Well, go figure, we forgot about the dumb sock and 20 minutes later, Timm could smell burning!



WHOOPS!! Leg in the hole, sopping wet (up to his you know whats)
and now.. A BURNT SOCK!! Oh man, this kid just could NOT catch a break!
lol... SOOOOO FUNNY!



Seconds after that picture, Timm gets a bite. No shoe, no sock, NO PROBLEM! He jumps up and reels that bad boy in!!
(notice the second sock, the wool one in the pic above. That one got burned too!)
hahahahahahaha.... pretty sure I will laugh EVERY time!



You'd think that after all his bad luck, he would at least get to take this fish home.



You'd think that after all this bad luck, he would at least be able to take his fish home with him.
NOPE! Only 19 in. he had to throw him back!



Well good thing Timm is an avid fisherman. He hooked number two! Let's see how that goes.



21 inches. THROW HIM BACK!! HAHAHAHAHAHA...
Oh man, it never gets old. At least he got his boot back on! :)



It's times like this we KNOW we need some fresh air. So Ang and I head to the hill to do a little sledding. If the fish haven't nipped in over 2 hours, it's time for some entertainment!



Let's just say, sinking into snow up to your thigh is MORE exercise than we signed up for! So, we started crawling because at least we didn't sink as much.
(Brady and Timm LAUGHING their guts out in the tent taking pictures)



Snow was too thick to even sled down,we gave up hiking. We tried pushing each other, pulling each other, going single, going double. NO LUCK! So, this will have to do on the way back!



Awe... tender! TWO, count that TWO pictures in ONE day! I'm growing up so fast.
Funny story about the glasses.
So, I scored me those nice glasses at the gas station for $12 because Timm said I would burn my eyes if I didn't have them. Well, before our hike up to sled I was looking down my fishing hole because the water was clear enough to watch the fish swim up to your hook and take your bait! Coolest thing ever, for real. Well, it just so happens that hooking your glasses on the front of your coat before you lean over to look down your hole, results in glasses at the bottom of Strawberry! BOOOOOO!
So, take a good look at them, because that is the first and last time you will see those bad boys.



Well, after 8 hours of fishing, 3 fish caught by Timm, and then thrown back because they were in the "can't take home" division. We decided to pack it up and get some lunch.

Needless to say, this will be an UNFORGETTABLE trip. We had the best time we have had in a LONG time! The weather was great, the atmosphere was great, and most importantly, the company was AWESOME. We will definatly do it again, but I don't think any other trip will compare to this one! LOVE YOU GUYS!

3 comments:

Laura Jansson said...

Oh my gosh, what a fun trip! Makes me wish I had the kind of friends you do, to do fun stuff like this! I also love that you actually posted not one, but TWO pictures with you in them! Keep it up :)

Chanel Thompson said...

Looks like so much fun! I have always wanted to try ice fishing!

saljanson@gmail.com said...

Well, I learned a lot about how much fun ice fishing can be. It does look like you had a blast. You need to do things like this for yourselves....